Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Cleaning Confession

I'm going to come clean (no pun intended) about my cleaning. Basically, about how I'm not very good at it.

Back up a few weeks, and my mom came to visit before we moved and kindly pointed out that I'm not very good at cleaning. It's not that I didn't want things to be clean, I just didn't really know what I was doing. And didn't really have the proper tools. Why vacuum, I thought, if your vacuum literally spits dust out the other side when you run it?

So... I got a very thorough cleaning lesson courtesy of my mama, and The Divine Ashley jumped in to give her advice too.

Which leads me to... my new obsession.With things being clean. Why? I have no idea. Things that have never bothered me before all of a sudden drive me crazy. Maybe it's the new house, maybe it's just being aware; I don't know, but things just need to be clean(er). Even my messy car looks better than it ever has.

This love affair was probably inevitable, but it is far beyond what I ever imagined. Ashley told me I needed it, and man was she right.

The Bissell Healthy Home Vacuum. Swoon.

For a mere $200ish, one can be the proud owner of a fantastic cleaning machine. It does wonders on bare floors, switches easily to high pile area rugs, and the "turbo" brush attachment is what dreams are made of. If vacuuming a couch or the stairs is easy, you know something is up.

If you need a new vacuum, I highly recommend this one. You can get it at Bed Bath and Beyond which means you can use a 20% off coupon. It is absolutely FABULOUS.

More coming soon about my new steam mop. Which is also fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments - thanks for being a wonderful part of my blogging experience!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...