Friday, June 18, 2010

Leadership Swag

Quick background: I work for a great nonprofit called Leadership Scholars.We do leadership development training for inner-city kids.  Yeah, I know. Pretty cool job.

We have 100 kids in our Summer Program, with 14 high schoolers / college students who serve as their "Leaders." We also have 10 professional teachers.

Each day we have a morning assembly where the Leaders do an activity to get the Scholars excited, develop leadership skills, have fun, etc.  This is what they did on the first day. I think they just wanted the Scholars to think they were cool... :-) Apparently this is a very popular song, which is why every single kid recognized it and I'd never heard it before. 


Aren't they cute? Oh - and apparently I'm old.  I made a reference during our training week last week and not one of these Leaders remembers when there wasn't a blue M&M.  They also don't know who Punky Brewster is.  Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know who Punky Brewster is either. Not surprised? That is cute. Gramma

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - thanks for being a wonderful part of my blogging experience!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...