Sunday, June 13, 2010

Building with Wood - The Big Reveal!

It took a while, but our wooden box is finally finished!

We built it using these plans from Ana at Knock Off Wood - thanks Ana!

Knock-Off Wood

It was a PROCESS. I had every intention of learning to use all the tools, but I ultimately decided to let Zac do the sawing.  It just didn't seem like fun.  I did help measure though, organized our piles and did some hardcore drilling while Zac was at work.

We had a lot of fun working on the box together.  I have a big list of plans to tackle next (dining room table, chairs, wine cabinet, sewing craft table, desk) so it sounds like we'll be spending some more creative time together soon.

So... without further delay - our finished box!

Yay! So pretty!



Holding some of the patio cushions. You know - since they don't all fit!



Straight on view



Close-up of our less than square box.



Cheesy pose!

We wanted to tackle a "beginner" project before jumping onto what we hope will become a family heirloom (dining room table). I can't imagine this one will stay in the family forever, but we sure had a lot of fun building it.  Hope you like it!

You can view the rest of the process here and here.

21 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Great job! I wish i had that talent! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great! Please link up to Sister Sister Sunday if you can!
    Thanks,
    Amanda

    http://blog.kuzakscloset.com/2010/06/personal-shopping-for-kids-lets-go-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! This is exactly what I'm looking for on our patio...

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's AWESOME i want one!! Great job! alywydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so great! Awesome job! I've been wanting something like this on my deck. May have just found a summer project for the husband...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! It doesn't look waterproof, is it? I wonder if you can line the inside with something to keep the rain out. I would love to build one of these! Love your color, too. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I love to color! Stopping by from HOH

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! We sooooo need one of these for our pillows. Can you get on that? hehe :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that! I've been wanting to start a bunch of projects from Ana, but this one might have just jumped to the front of the line cause we really need one. Great job! And I love the color. :)

    Autumn
    TheFickleHobbyist.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome. I just love the color.

    I am hosting a giveaway and I'd love it if you stopped by.

    Laura @ along for the ride

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would definitely recommend this as your first Ana project... helps you work out the kinks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing! What a great storage piece AND a seat :-). I love it!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really cute & practical too! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday - would love if you added the party button to your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful!

    I featured you here:
    http://firefliesandjellybeans.blogspot.com/2010/06/sunday-spotlight-soys-32-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous job!! Love the color. I really need a few of these on my deck! Fantastic! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did an amazing job! It turned out beautiful and I love the color! Thanks for linking up to Hoo's got talent!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, I love it! Now I want to make one for our deck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This turned out beautifully! Not only has Ana inspired lots of women to start woodworking, but she has also inspired couples to have a hobby that they can enjoy together. Love the color you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! Love the color you chose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous!!!! I need a box like that for my deck. That's so much more fun than the old plasticy ones from the store. Stopping by as this week's CSI Judge. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - thanks for being a wonderful part of my blogging experience!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...