Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fun derby themed table cover

I promised you a look at Mandy's birthday present, and here it is!


Isn't it adorable?? I used a FANTASTIC tutorial from Melissa at the Polka Dot Chair, and it was wonderful. This came together pretty quickly (only 4 hours start to finish - including quilting and binding) and was fun to make!

The fabrics all came from JoAnn's, and I am pleasantly surprised with them.  I don't usually buy quilting fabric there, but this was the right look, the right price and the right quality.

Here's a closeup of one of the jockey silks:


And the finished project laid on the couch...



It was a hit with the birthday girl, which is really all that matters...


AND - there's enough fabric left over to make one for me.  Anyone else want one??

5 comments:

  1. Very cool! What a thoughtful gift! Thanks for linking up to Sister Sister!

    http://blog.kuzakscloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative! Loved the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a unique idea. It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute quilt! I'm impressed!!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute! It turned out darling! Thanks for linking up to Hoo's got talent!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - thanks for being a wonderful part of my blogging experience!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...