Sunday, August 22, 2010

What did you do today?

We took 200 middle and high school students to Camp Joy, which is a FANTASTIC outdoor education center near Cincinnati. The staff there is wonderful, and they have the coolest activities and ideas.

They also have high ropes courses. The students LOVE these. I, however, do not. Anyone who knows me will be totally shocked at the following pictures.

One of our darling students, Raven, was really scared to climb the tower, so I told her I'd be her partner and we'd go up together and come down when we didn't want to go up anymore. Except once we got up there, she was totally fine and didn't want to come down!

Here we are before we tackled the scary bridge:



And this is what I looked like most of the time (25 feet in the air, by the way!):

Finally celebrating at the end!


I have to say, I certainly put myself out of my comfort zone, and I ended up having a lot of fun. Now I'm exhausted! I'm pretty sure the recipe for recovering from today is hot shower + advil + drink + dinner!

Hope you had a great weekend - did you do anything fun?

2 comments:

  1. I would have died-- that "bridge" looks terrifying!! Also, GO RAVEN! Her hair is getting so long!

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - thanks for being a wonderful part of my blogging experience!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...