Tuesday, August 17, 2010

National Women's Self Appreciation Day

So that's not actually a real day. Katy from No Big Dill made it up. But I think it's awesome and should become a national holiday. She's right - I spend so much time thinking about things I wish were different about myself, and things I want to work on changing, and I forget that there are some things about me that are pretty darn awesome.



So - without further ado, things I like about myself:
  1. I work fast. I can complete things quickly and that helps me get a lot done.
  2. I have an eye for patterns and colors. I can match fabrics for projects that just work.
  3. I love to learn. I love school, I love learning new skills. I love everything about learning.
  4. I fit in most places. While I've never really found myself whole heartedly belonging to one "group" of people, I love that my friends are so eclectic and unique, and that I can be friends with such different people and enjoy all of them.
  5. I make a mean derby pie (thanks for the recipe, Momma Lo!).
Thanks, Katy, for reminding me to think happy thoughts today. What about everyone else? What do YOU like about yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments - thanks for being a wonderful part of my blogging experience!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...