Love this one too. Especially covered in cashmere blankets. Sigh. As if.
Quick side note - when was the last time you said, "As if?" It seemed relevant in this post.
Fast forward to the day I decided I wanted a ladder for my living room. If you want one too, here's my advice. Good stinking luck finding one. If you can find one on Craigslist, it will likely cost a zillion dollars. And that's a huge IF. So unless you are already a garage saler / antique fair stalker, I don't know how you will find one.
Unless you are supremely lucky and the universe is smiling upon you.
I'm working on a project with a teacher whose parents love to antique shop. I mentioned months ago how much I'd love to have an antique ladder, and that if her parents found one I'd gladly buy it. This was pre-Christmas. It was awhile ago.
Fast forward again to last week. I came home from a meeting and saw this beautiful piece of wonderfulness next to my front door!
Even Instagram can't save my crappy photos. Oi.
I asked Zac where it came from and he said, "Some lady just came by and said it was for you?" My teacher-friend's parents had found it and gave it to me! And it's GLORIOUS -- It's about 8 feet tall, and has so many rungs, for so many quilts!!
My grandmother is bringing me some of her quilts when she comes to visit in June, but here it is filled in the mean time:
Do you love it??
It is SO tall!! Here's a view of it in the living room:
Don't worry. Taking a photography class is high up on my list of things to do after graduation!
If you're curious about the quilts...
- Second quilt I ever made... still my favorite.
- Quilt Zac's grandfather made. So precious that we have it.
- Quilt Gramma made me for Christmas a few years ago.
- Our Christmas quilt. It's a placeholder!!
- I love this quilt. My gramma pieced it by hand from scraps. We only saw her a few times a year when we were younger, and I remember her making it over multiple visits. There's even a square that I added that has my name on it! It's GIANT, and it's so special.
What do you think about the ladder? Be honest. It's more country chic than we usually do in our house, but it's so unique and I think with modern quilts it isn't too much? Reassure me, please!!