Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Derby Pie - YUM!

One of my very favorite treats is a traditional Southern favorite - Derby pie. I'm a few weeks late in sharing it with you, but it's so yummy and so easy to make that I think you'll forgive me!

I think it tastes exactly like a slightly undercooked chocolate chip cookie. YUM.




1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup pecans or 3/4 cup walnuts (optional - I usually leave these out)
Unbaked pie shell


Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Pour into pie shell, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until top is brown.


That's it. That's seriously it. And it's super yummy served warm with a dab of whip cream... Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments - thanks for being a wonderful part of my blogging experience!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...