Monday, March 29, 2010

Welcome to Clifton Heights!

Sorry for my posting delay - MOVING this weekend cut into my blog writing time.  Also into my having internet, being able to find my computer and my eating and sleeping time.

Friday morning started bright and early (well, 9:00 early) when we did our closing paperwork.  We picked up the U-HAUL truck and started loading things up.  While moving down three flights of stairs was significantly better than when we moved up three flights of stairs, it still sucked.  Big time.

Luckily, we made it a family affair! We had help from both of our parents (who are amazing and we love them so much) as well as my two sisters and our super fantastic friend Matt.  It took us 4 hours to load the truck with stuff from a one-bedroom apartment.  Disgusting? I think so.

We drove (literally) 2.5 miles down the street, and arrived at our new home!  

We look happy, but we're really exhausted. 

Unloading the truck took significantly less time than loading, mostly since we had three fewer flights of stairs to contend with!  We got everything unloaded, returned the truck and put some lasagnas in the oven.  And broke out the drinks...



And, an incredibly thoughtful housewarming present from Zac's mom, who is darling and whom I love very much. When it comes to future mother-in-laws, I hit the jackpot.

Our giddiness here is partly due to sheer exhaustion. I just realized how crazy-happy we look here.


In the end, 12 hours after the process started, we were moved into our new house, thanks to our wonderful family and friends and at least three bumped knees along the way.  I'd say it was worth it!





Pictures coming soon of the house as we unpack - I promise!!


1 comment:

I love reading your comments - thanks for being a wonderful part of my blogging experience!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...