Monday, July 30, 2012

A summery wreath

I have been thinking about making a new wreath for our front door since springtime. I have a few things I like that I alternate throughout the year, but nothing that really stands out for spring/summer.

I like my wreaths to be cute and themed, but also somewhat neutral. I need to be able to forget to take it down after the season ends and not have it be totally out of place!

I was extra inspired when I asked my friend Mandy what she wanted for her birthday - and she wanted a summer door hanging. Done and done!

I came across this wreath on my friend Biz's blog and knew it was the right one for both of us. I won't bore you with how I made mine because her instructions are great. I actually went to Hobby Lobby and bought the exact same supplies she did!


It's a pretty simple creation - a wreath from Hobby Lobby, wooden letter painted in whatever color, and some fabric rosettes.


They're pretty easy to make, though be prepared for a glue gun burn or two and it does get kind of tedious to make a lot of them. Biz has the cutest video tutorial if you haven't made them before.


Here's what it looks like on the door. I'm happy with how it turned out!


What do you think? Does it make you want to come inside and visit??

Click HERE to see the blog parties where I'm linking!

3 comments:

  1. such a fun and individual way to welcome people to your home. Thanks so much for sharing it on BeColorful this week.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!
    How did I miss this post!
    Your wreath turned out amazing.
    I really love it and thanks so much for the shout out :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - thanks for being a wonderful part of my blogging experience!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...