Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sewing for Others

I don't do a lot of sewing for other people, but this year I've done more than ever before. My sewing machine is also an embroidery machine (thanks, Mom, for foreseeing how much I would love sewing before I knew I would!), and sometimes I do embroidery for other people too.

And I hate it. Well, I sort of hate it. I love being able to save my friends money by monogramming their bags or other fun things. I love sewing quilted table toppers for friends. But I get SO NERVOUS in the process!

When I'm making something for me, or even to give as a gift to someone else, I don't worry about how it's going to turn it. It's almost always fine.  When I'm sewing for someone else, all I see are the millions of imperfections in what I'm making!

How do people who have ETSY shops do it? I recently won the world's cutest apron from Just Sew Sassy (picture coming soon!) and I swear it's absolutely perfect. As in, I looked for stitches that weren't totally straight and there aren't any. Incredible.

Today was a snow day in Cincinnati. I worked from home, but let's face it, can you really call working in your PJs work?? Yes, people who live where you actually get large amounts of snow, I know that this amount of snow is pathetic - but it's a lot around here.  Hope you're staying warm, wherever you are!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the World's Cutest Apron! I can't wait to see it!

    I'm the exact same way! I stress so much over everything I make for my shop. It was really bad in the beginning, but since I've gotten more comfortable with my machines (sewing & embroidery) it's gotten better. I still don't think anything is ever as perfect as it could be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also can't wait to see the apron.

    I also get so nervous when I give homemade gifts. Sometimes I'm afraid that people will not really like the homemade aspect of them. I have embroidery too, but I have too much fear for doing it for others.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - thanks for being a wonderful part of my blogging experience!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...