Thursday, December 30, 2010

Is Christmas over yet?

I love Christmas. I put my decorations up just after Thanksgiving with the best of 'em. They seem so magical on Christmas Eve. And the day after Christmas, they start to drive me crazy.



My mom usually takes her stuff down on New Year's Day. Zac's mom takes her down as soon as she can. And I usually try to do the same thing. I'm not trying to be Scrooge here, it's just that somehow, between December 24 and December 26, it turns from magic to clutter.

My co-worker leaves her tree up longer... as in, until Easter. No, I'm not kidding. I'll let you digest that one for a minute.

As beautiful as our tree and other decorations were, I can't wait to take them down. Now I just need Zac to get home so I can have some help doing it!!

2 comments:

  1. I remember my mom taking down decorations on New Year's Day, as a kid. I hated it...wanted them up so much longer. I'm actually worse than she...I want them down the day after Christmas too! I'm right there with you - took all mine down yesterday and everything is cleaned up!

    Becky B.
    www.organizingmadefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We take our down after January 6. We wait for the 3 Kings Day to put it all away. The lights on the house is another story since that is my husband task hehehe.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - thanks for being a wonderful part of my blogging experience!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...