Monday, February 20, 2012

A Sweet Baby Boy Quilt for a Sweet Baby Boy

When my friend Claire told me she was pregnant last summer, I was so excited! Claire and I met in college - actually, before the very first day of my freshman year. She's the reason I joined my sorority (she promised me cake. What can I say? I'm weak!), and we spent the next four years being inseparable. It turned out that our parents live about two miles from each other, and we helped each other get ready (in different years) for our first dates with our husbands. 


Claire and Brian found out they were having a boy in August, and I got sewing. I took this quilt with me to my gramma's house to quilt on the long arm, and it was the last one we did. Which means we did this one by generator during Hurricane Irene. Not sure it's my finest work, but Claire and sweet little Charlie seem to like it!


This quilt came from the same book as the animal quilt I made, and it's definitely worth the purchase. It's a great book. You can find it on Amazon here. You could get it from a library, but the templates are really big - I mean, really big - so copying them would be tough. This quilt for Charlie is one of the reasons I bought the book, and I was excited to finally get to make it!






I think the semi truck is my favorite part! I had a hard time finding fabric for the back, but once I saw this, I was sold. I love the road signs and the bright colors!


The sweet mama-to-be sure seemed to like it!



Charlie came almost a whole month early, so good thing this quilt was ready. The sweetest part of the whole thing? Seeing that darling little boy enjoying his quilt!

Nothing like cute baby pictures to make Monday feel a little less like Monday. Click HERE to see the blog parties where I'm linking!

6 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute! I love the trucks and the colors. What a fabulous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a fabulous quilt :) We talk about you a lot when we play on it :) Love you MFSD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how super cute love the colors and the theme is perfect for a baby boy come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift, quilt and baby ! Nice job !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cutie and I love the quilt too. I wish I had seen this before I did my post on quilts this week. It would have made a great addition to my quilt images. So happy you linked this up to BeColorful's Motivated Monday
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute quilt!! Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'. I'll be featuring you tomorrow, so be sure to stop by and grab a 'featured' button!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - thanks for being a wonderful part of my blogging experience!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...