Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hoping Kate's Wedding is Great

Is anyone else starting to get excited for the Royal Wedding on Friday?? I don't think I'm going to get up at 4:00 AM to watch it, but I'll probably DVR it and watch it later.

Maybe it's because I recently got married, but I keep thinking about the future Princess Kate as she gets ready for her wedding. William has known for his whole life that this is how his wedding would be. He always knew that it would involve this publicity and ridiculous guest list and crazy royal formalities.


Kate, on the other hand, most likely didn't dream of a wedding publicized on television to millions of people when she was a little girl. Her visions of the first day of her marriage probably didn't include more dignitaries and royals than friends and family members.

One of Princes Diana's bridesmaids was quoted saying, "It's an incredibly difficult role that she is going to be taking on. What will be particularly difficult is finding the balance. The world will be sharing that day with her, yet she must bear in mind that it is her wedding day. Kate must enjoy it intimately with her family and with the man she loves and will spend the rest of her life with."



Here's hoping that Kate and William are  able to feel the love of their close family and friends that day, and that they both feel they've gotten a wedding ceremony they'll always cherish, and not just a royal event.

Will you be watching the biggest wedding of the year??

2 comments:

  1. you KNOW I'll be watching! I will be up at 4am with the rest of the world watching every second AND I have my DVR set to record it in case I have to leave for work and miss something. Ooohhh, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - thanks for being a wonderful part of my blogging experience!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...