Not so much. Because my pants are too tight right now. And I don't care what size you are, if your pants don't fit, they don't fit.
My sisters and my mother are all very healthy eaters, so I got some pointers from them. There was just so much I didn't know. Main problems with my diet:
- Cheese can't be the only food I eat. And I can't eat so much of it.
- Ditto when it comes to bread.
- I need way more protein and fiber.
- Snack, snack, snack! Eating every few hours takes the edge off your hunger, and keeps you from eating too much during meals. Plus, it keeps your metabolism working non-stop. Fruit and nuts are my go-to snacks.
- Choose stronger tasting foods. I love cheese (see above problem). If I put a stronger tasting cheese, like swiss, on my sandwich instead of say, American, I can use less but still get the taste. If I put mustard on my sandwich, I don't need nearly as much mayo.
- Check serving sizes. This is what blew me away. The serving size for the chips I brought for lunch yesterday? 13 chips. Which is not at all the serving size I was usually eating. Oops.
- Drink water! I bought a huge rubbermaid container from the grocery store that I fill up each day with 64 ounces of water, and I make sure that I drink it all throughout the day.