Those babies just finished a 30 minute run...
A few things I've learned in six months of (almost) weekly running:
- Running in January is much preferable over running in June. It's HOT.
- You should buy extra socks in case your dog eats them out of the laundry basket - more than once.
- If you take a week or two off on accident, you will notice a difference in your body.
- Running burns calories and lets you eat more and yummy, bad for you things, but it is not a license to eat only those things for long periods of time. Trust me.
- After you finish Couch to 5K, it's harder to stay motivated.
- One of my favorite parts is running by little kids who yell, "I like your dog, lady!"
- It's easier to run when I have more time... sort of like everything else.
- I wish I had taken before, during, and after pictures of my body for days when I get discouraged.
Six months in, I still don't love running, and I'm not sure I ever will. I don't mind it though, and I love what it does for my body and my health. I love that it forces me outside and that it's good for my sweet puppy. I'm planning to stick with it!