Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I've been running for miles...

Today marks six months since I started running again. It's hard to believe it's been that long, but it also feels like I've been doing it forever.

Those babies just finished a 30 minute run...

A few things I've learned in six months of (almost) weekly running:
  • Running in January is much preferable over running in June. It's HOT.
  • You should buy extra socks in case your dog eats them out of the laundry basket - more than once.
  • If you take a week or two off on accident, you will notice a difference in your body.
  • Running burns calories and lets you eat more and yummy, bad for you things, but it is not a license to eat only those things for long periods of time. Trust me.

  • After you finish Couch to 5K, it's harder to stay motivated.
  • One of my favorite parts is running by little kids who yell, "I like your dog, lady!"
  • It's easier to run when I have more time... sort of like everything else.
  • I wish I had taken before, during, and after pictures of my body for days when I get discouraged.
Six months in, I still don't love running, and I'm not sure I ever will. I don't mind it though, and I love what it does for my body and my health. I love that it forces me outside and that it's good for my sweet puppy. I'm planning to stick with it!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you.
    I did 6 months of running, but I never got to where "i didn't mind it".
    I hated it, every time.
    I think spinning might be the way to go for me...I should try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - thanks for being a wonderful part of my blogging experience!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...